the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind and get involved increasing the public appreciation and encouraging the interest of young people in chemistry.
2011 is the Year of Chemistry aims to reach across the globe so we all need to get involved!
Some ideas include:
- Treating all levels of students, from preschool children to university students, to chemistry demonstrations at appropriate levels
- Organizing visits for members of the public to industrial sites, including manufacturers, chemical producers, or metal and petroleum refiners
- Publicizing the contributions that chemistry makes to the global economy by submitting articles to newspapers and magazines or developing television and radio programs
- Sponsoring poster exhibitions highlighting the usefulness and wonder of chemistry
- Organizing problem-solving projects through which students can use their knowledge of chemistry to develop solutions to local problems
- Publicizing the contributions that chemistry has made to improve lives, particularly recent developments in chemical research
- Holding career fairs at schools at which professionals show how they use chemistry in their jobs.
- Organizing hands-on activities and demonstrations to help participants gain an understanding of what it would be like to work in a chemistry-related field
- Interacting with government leaders to underscore the importance of a strong chemical enterprise
For more information on IYC 2011 please visit the site: