ANNOUNCEMENT – ENGLISH 2 ASSIGNMENT & PRESENTATION
English 2 students who have decided on Type A – mid-term test (40%), final exams (40%) & presentation (20%) should prepare the following assignment:
– Select a scientific article of your own choice with reference to chemistryor related sciences (medicine, biology etc.). The article should be of 2-3 pages long.
– Prepare 3 or 4 comprehension questions based on which you could talk about the topic of your article in your presentation. You don’t have to provide written answers to your questions. You can use your answers to summarise orally on your topic.
– Write a consice commentary on both the ideas expressed in the article, as well as the language being used in it (formality features, coherence & cohesion devices, simple, complex or compound sentences, tone and style).
– Present your analysis in 10′ in front of an audience using power point.
– Submit both your article and assignment, as well as your powerpoint presentation electronically and in a printed copy on the presentation date, which is to be fixed and announced until the end of this week. The presentation date will most probably be during late next week, that is, before the beginning of the final exams.